DIGITAL WORKPLACE: ARCHITECTURE & OPERATIONS
DIGITAL WORKPLACE APPROACH
"User-centric design" is our motto when we are designing optimal workplaces for our customers' companies. This is typically handled in a 3-day workshop with our tried and tested methods:
We take your project team on a three-day journey to develop a prototype. Ideally this team should comprise employees from different departments. The prototype is of your digital workplace and fit for your company, its processes and ways of working. Building blocks:
- Observation: what processes, structures and ways of working determine daily work currently? How is it to change in future?
- definition of essential personas: what stakeholder groups for the digital workplace are present at the company?
- Impulse and inspiration: what kind of working world do the participants desire in future? What processes and workflows must be mapped for each persona? How are collaboration and communication to take place?
- Derivation: what are the implications of all this for the digital workplace? Basic concept.
- concept refinement and implementation of the prototype based on Office 365 technologies
- detailed project plan: guide to rolling out the work-up of the digital workplace at your company
WORKING SEAMLESSLY: INTEGRATING DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS
At the core of a digital workplace, intended to increase productivity, is seamless integration into different applications. Your employees work in workflows, not in IT systems. A digital workplace must merge all data and process steps from different applications, including ERP, CRM, Business Analytics and SharePoint. Ideally, this entire construct is linked to centralised communications and collaboration tools, and in particular those systems where knowledge and information are exchanged.
Our solutions for you include consulting, interface development, data synchronisation and single sign-on. In particular, our focus is on integrating SAP and Microsoft. Some examples include the following:
- integrating SAP ERP and SharePoint for releasing invoices and for other leave and approval processes
- integrating SAP CRM solutions with Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business, allowing you to communicate directly with your customers or suppliers from within the CRM
- integrating SAP HR solutions with Microsoft Azure Identity & Access Management: authorisations and system accesses are handled directly from the HR master data
At many companies, a majority of processes are still carried out largely manually, despite this being time-intensive and error-prone. We consider workflow and process automation a central tenet of the modern digital workplace. And this is particularly true for processes that heavily involve documents, including purchase orders, invoice processing, approval procedures or contract and billing processes. We track your processes using Microsoft Flow and solutions from our partner Nintex, then design and implement new, automated workflows.
Working from home, visiting customers, flexible working hours: all of these kinds of mobile working are now an integral part of many companies. This must be supported by the digital workplace. We implement the central requirements: processes must be able to operate on the go; optimally, processes should be mapped in apps for mobile end-user devices. Employees must also have a mobile option to use all communications and collaboration possibilities. All of this must be possible, whilst remaining aware of the special requirements for the security architecture of mobile end-user devices and the use of e-mails, data and information in the cloud.
MANAGED SERVICES & SUPPORT
A digital workplace requires an IT team with a large number of highly skilled resources. On request, we handle individual tasks, or overall operations and support of the digital workplace. Examples:
- operation and hosting of individual applications or the entire IT landscape, at your data centres or ours, or in the cloud
- interface creation and management in hybrid, multi-cloud landscapes, too
- user management, identity & access management, multi-factor authentication, single sign-on
- back-up of devices and their security
- 24/7 (premium) support, including monitoring